Friday, December 17, 2010

Pineapple Girl


woke up today
the sun was shining in my window at dawn
heard someone say 
"I know he's in there when his curtain's drawn
Hello Mr. Tourist, can you still be sleeping?
Can I give you something that is really good?"
pineapple girl
I'd stay forever if I thought I could

live on the strand
sleep on the beach under the moon and stars
holding my hand, she sees the people on their way to the bars
walking all day down the sandy pathway
asking everybody do they want to buy
"Pineapple, sir?
Only for you I make a special price
Only for you I make it taste so nice."

you're such a cutie when your face blooms in a smile
you'll be a beauty soon, in just a little while
pineapple girl
remember me when all the fruit is sweet

listen to the voices of the tourists laughing
thinking this is heaven but it's all that you know
pineapple girl
your mother's calling you, it's time to go


M@ 1999





No comments:

Post a Comment