Friday, December 17, 2010

Different Me




monday morning, the blender won't start
car turning over, that's the easy part
sun goes down, different town
different woman, I look up to see her
different me as a face in the mirror

midday and ain't had no breakfast
I'm a wreck and I'm feeling kinda reckless
got no time, seems like I'm
spinnin' wheels, I got no place to go
sweeps over me as I'm sweeping the floor 

afternoon my mind gets to thinking
treadmill tunes my heart is sinking
time to start, hardest part
hardest part is always the beginning
down by three, it's the seventh inning
day is dawning, it's dawning on me
fruit is rotten in the family tree
night is falling, it's landing on me
bats are squalling in my belfry
sun goes down, different town
different woman, I look up to see her 
different me as a face in the mirror


M@  1994

No comments:

Post a Comment