Friday, December 17, 2010

Let's Put a Fence Around Texas


(chorus)
let's put a fence around Texas and keep everybody else out
nobody outside of Texas knows what our great state's about
I've been sharing every damn thing all my life so far
so let's put a fence around Texas and we'll charge them by the car

I 'member when my daddy used to bounce me on his knee
He'd say "Son, they got to hand it to us, noone else's like me
we might not be as bright or cute or smart or fun to be around
and hey, when you think about it like that son....aw, just forget it".
(chorus)

"I've travelled 'round this whole big world, and every place I've been
I cannot find another spot where horses smell like men
the desert with the drillin' rigs, now boy ain't that a sight?
we're keepin' everybody down who couldn't be born white."
(chorus)

You can chug a beer in Texas while you drive your pickup home
wanna fire off some shots downtown?  Just go and git you some!
we haven't got it figured how to make this whole thing pay
so let's put a fence up, charge 'em tolls, thank you much now, have a nice day!
(chorus)

(spoken)
I can see you pounding fencepost, Tex, just think what you'll begin
whatever keeps the others out will keep those Texans in!
one day we'll lock the gate and then we'll throw away the key!
so let's put a fence around Texas!  Sounds pretty damn good to me!
(chorus)

M@ 2000



No comments:

Post a Comment