Friday, December 17, 2010

Darlene



She got a scooped-out hood, a 4-barrel carburetor
got high-octane and a stuck accelerator
Spandex bra ridin' halogen heads
she run the needle to the red, you're just a rock between the treads
Darlene
Why do you do the things you do?
Darlene
My ass is tired of chasing you
You gonna rip up all the road the way you runnin' that thing
you make a clunky pile-of-junky old jalopy start to sing, Darlene

She got big fat tires, hot distributor wires
she got a hemi semi jack-and-jimmy super heavy-duty tranny
leave you at the light like granny, starin' at that fine fine fanny
taillights disappearin', don't you wish that you were steerin'?
Darlene
Why do you got to be so tough?
Darlene
My V-8 engine ain't enough.
She put the pedal to the floor, you hear the muffler start to roar
and the she's servin' up the dust and then she's blowin' off your doors, Darlene.

Well, the lights are burnin' down the tree:
red, red, red, green!
I gave it all I had but I was smoked and I was screened
I tried to catch up with Darlene, she wasn't playin' my game
She want a one-ton man, I got a quarter-ton frame!
Darlene
Why do you do the things you do?
Darlene
My ass is tired of chasing you
you gonna rip up all the road the way you runnin' that thing
you make a clunky, pile-of-junky old jalopy start to sing, Darlene

M@ 2004




No comments:

Post a Comment